
Another month has come and gone and Miss Scout is now 6 months old.
I can't believe how quickly these six months have gone by. It seems like we just brought her home from the hospital. So much has happened in the last six months. Grandma Kathleen is missed every day, and each month as I take Scout's monthly "dot" photos, it seems hard to believe that it has been that long since I've seen her.
I know my baby girl has another guardian angel watching over her from Heaven, but I wish Scout would have had the opportunity to meet her Great Grandma.
I'm sure the next six months will go by just as quickly, and I am praying for only good things and great memories. Of course I do have my good memories to share with her of Grandma, pizza for breakfast (because it has all four food groups), liver for dinner (I still say yuck haha), washing windows, the boys helping her with her flowers, her amazing talent as an artist, her love of our Irish history, and oranges and cloves. Love you Grandma and miss you.
Now that I am wiping tears away and smiling at the same time, on too Scouts 6 month stats. She is in the 2nd percentile for weight (12lbs 11oz) and 4th percentile for length (24 3/4 inches). I know it does not sound like much but our little princess has gained over 7lbs and 6 inches in the last six months. We also have to take into consideration that she was sick with RSV the week before her 6 month check up and had weighed in at 13+ pounds prior to getting sick. She did well with her shots again this month and cried only for a minute. I have too admit though I am looking forward to taking her to her 9 month check up. NO SHOTS! :)
The boys are doing well in school, we just had our parent teacher conferences in the last couple of weeks. Logan is improving with his speech and is doing well with early reader books. Kole again is scoring well beyond district expectations in his testing, but yet rushes through his homework and is making some mistakes there. If he is bored, or just too smart for his own good is yet too be determined. Regardless, we are very proud of how well they are doing with school.
On the home front Mike and I are constantly coming up with ideas for the house and what we want to do with it. We still have to find an electrical and plumbing contractor to redo the bathroom and adjust some wiring in the basement to add another room. We are also talking about the landscaping ideas we have too. Spring and warmer weather can't get here soon enough, but then again, time is flying and maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it slowed down just a bit.
On the scale at the doctors office

With Dr. Rosenquist and our favorite nurse Joyce



And have I mentioned we are rolling over? A little hard to capture in a picture, she just looks like she's flying!!
No comments:
Post a Comment