Today Logan got his palatal expander put in. He is doing very well. Much better than I hoped or expected. At this point the only thing that is bothering him is "it feels weird", AND he is having speech issues. Now for a kid who had to go to speech class, he is not thrilled to be talking awkwardly. Eating is proving to be a challenge, so I let him have ice cream for dinner. I know we are going to have to figure out menus that will be a bit friendlier to his mouth for awhile, but tonight giving him ice cream made us both feel better. He also got to use the laptop this evening, which is one of his favorite things to do, probably because he doesn't get to do it often. Now it's time for bed, and I pray he doesn't wake up in the morning in pain. Please say a prayer for him also. He is so much younger than most children (he's 8) are when they get this. It was actually recommended by our orthodontist to do it this early because it is easier on the child. I hope that holds true.

No comments:
Post a Comment